About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 20, 2010

SOUP IS ON SISTER!


O.k. girls, I keep having people ask me about this and I have to give all the credit to my friend Faith and then to my sister Ronda.

I love to cook! I love to have a meal prepared for me that is good for my family. It makes me feel good that I can do that and I love the money that it saves us and the nutrition that it gives us. However, I was stuck in a rut and the food we were eating had lots of cheese sauces, lots of bread (I love bread!) So, I did a life change of eating and that included obviously what I cooked.

The book I use is "Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer." This topic came up when I was at a enrichment class for home school and was chatting with my friends about how Tuesday and Wednesdays are insane! So, she was telling me about her "31 days of cooking book." which I do have but haven't used. So, when talking with my sister she told me about the particular book that I'm now using.

It is so obviously easy that I find myself saying DUH DUH DUH!!!! Why in the world didn't i think of this before??? So, here goes: You take the dinner that your making and either double it or triple it. You can do that for two weeks and have about a month or so depending on your family of meals that are ready to go. The beauty of the book is you can do it with everything! Cookies you name it at a moments notice I'm ready to go.

I recently went to Sam's purchased two rot. chickens, carrots, etc and made four huge batches of chicken noodle soup, broccoli cheese soup etc. I like it that when people come over I have cookies that I just have to run to the freezer pop them in the oven and WOW Fresh baked cookies. I also enjoy it if I have someone who had surgery, an accident whatever (because those things aren't planned) I just run down to the freezer and I have a meal to take to them. Also, if I'm running late or something goes crazy my husband just has to go downstairs to the freezer and grab something out. The book tells you about "flash freezing" It talks about diff ways to freeze different things so that your not using up dishes.

I did take a picture of my freezer so you all could see what I'm talking about! I lay my soups flat in a freezer bag and put in a casserole dish in case there are drips and when it is frozen I file the soups like files. I want to eventually get wire racks to put them in and organize them better but for now that's what I do. So, there you go. Enjoy! Get the book its really helpful and its soo easy! I even sometimes go downstairs and stare at my freezer and say...oooh that is SOOOO nice! (yes you knew I was weird right?) Happy cooking girls!!!

1 comment:

  1. Having received some of your delicious homecooked meals, THANK YOU! for sharing. It came at a time we needed it most. These last 9 weeks have been most difficult and the fact that my friends would share with me so that I can provide for my family and still take care of other obligations means so much more than I can express. Thank you sweet Jamie!

    ReplyDelete