About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Those Potty Days!

Today I have no insight. I have no amazing things to say, no wisdom to give you. Today I just want to share a typical day in the life of little ol me.

I had the opportunity today to get my hair done and spend the rest of the day Christmas shopping ALONE. For some of you this may not be a very amazing feat but when you spend all day with your kids every day homeschooling them some time away is greatly appreciated and looked forward to! It keeps me sane to be able to walk every aisle of a store without hearing "Mom, Ellie hit me! Mommy, Trey won't give me back my toy!" Those of you who are Mom's I'm sure that you know what I'm talking about.

So, I got bangs today! I haven't had bangs in at least seven years!
Felt good to have a change. I'm really enjoying the change!

Then after I got my Christmas shopping done I went home to find the house in pretty good order after my super duper baby sitter made sure that everything was in pretty good order. Then after a normal dinner it was time to get Ellianna ready for bed.

I was in her room straightening while she decided to go potty. Then I noticed that Ellianna was being very quiet so I walked into the bathroom to find my CHILD sitting there by the potty basically playing with toilet paper in the potty!!! Needless to say I freaked out! Picked her up, stripped her clothes washed her, brushed her teeth, all the while shouting "EWWWW Ellianna Yucky, why did you do that?" Why in heavens name is this child so gross??? Yesterday she decided that she would fill the whole sink with water and put the handtowel in it. When will this fascination with water be OVER!! My Ellianna! Oh my goodness! When I prayed for a daughter I prayed for blonde curly hair with big blue eyes that was healthy and I so got it! I envisioned a little petite girl that was dainty. My Ellie is NOT. She marches to the beat of a different drum. I will never forget realizing that Ellianna was not ready for ballet when all the other little girls were dancing so sweetly across the floor and my Ellianna was ROLLING across the floor! I mean ROLLING!!!!

I think that when our children are born we envision what they will be like and for me both of my children are completely different then what I had envisioned. I realize that Ellianna will not always be playing in potty water (I certainly hope so) but for now I'm taking childhood one day at a time. Trying to laugh at the "funny" things Ellianna does and enjoying the time with her before its gone. I know that its going fast and I so wish I could hit the "Pause" button.

I also believe that in being a mother to my two children that God gave them to me and only me because He knew that they needed me and I needed them. Having children who "push" you and have very "loud" personalities makes me become an all around better person and better Mom. I can't think of anyone else who could help me grow "out of my perfectionism" better than my own children.

So, after I have shared this very embarrassing story I KNOW that you all have to have some to! I would LOVE to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment