About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Dear Lord...I'm weary!

Tomorrow is my son's 11th birthday. I can tell you that I'm so happy to see the age of 10 go by I can hardly stand it. This year has been a difficult year to say the least.

Today is.....not going well and its not even lunch. I struggle, I hold back the tears, I confess I have no idea what to do. I don't understand men....I truly don't. I don't know what boys think...truly I have no idea. The whining from girls is annoying but at least THAT I understand.

I used to be annoyed that when Mark came home he could just take Trey into the other room and he would have a "talk" with Trey and then everything seemed to go well for a couple of days....and then...here we are!

I can tell you that today I threw Trey a curve ball. I have to decorate the store this week so we have three days of school to get done in two. Lest you think that's insane we do five days of school in four every week. Well, I have him doing several subjects today that he doesn't normally do....you would have thought I wrote the lesson plans in Chinese! He just can't learn to be FLEXIBLE! Its spinning his little head into orbit....throw in his birthday is his tomorrow....he just got a game system he has saved his money up for forever to buy.....and Thanksgiving is this week, followed by another birthday party and then decorating for Christmas and you have a boy who is.....well....out of sorts BIG TIME!

So today, I'm saying to myself..."hand me more coffee and the chocolate"......and most importantly..."Do NOT engage!" Part of me wants to whine.."Why do I always have to be the bad guy?" I want to be the "fun" parent, but these are lessons I must get through his head if I'm going to teach him how to be a good Christian young man and today I feel like a great big failure! I feel that I'm in a tug of war and Satan is winning! I'm trying to muster up the strength to keep fighting but I feel it slipping!

Last week I had another mother who I adore and has five children of her own and she had a "Trey". She told me that I have got to find the "good" in some of the things that he does and really focus on that...obviously tackle the bad and punish it severely but TRY to focus on what he does well. So, I'm getting back "out" there and I've got my game face on! I'm praying to the Lord for strength and for Him to continue to change Trey's heart towards Him.

Gear up girls! Gear up!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I sympathize through my own experience with our daughters and with the struggle that seems to plague us all. You can do it, keep your focus where God wants it and allow the love of Christ to flow through you to your son. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete