About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Hardest Part is........Waiting!

Today I feel greatly blessed. I was able to meet with the people that I am going to be spending eternity with and we had a great day together. I'm talking about the people that I go to church with!

This afternoon I was blessed to get two treats where I was able to visit with some ladies in our church over a new book that we are reading which deals with the Wounds of the heart. It was a very deep issue and one that I hope that we will be able to continue to learn a lot from.

However, as you all know I have been doing the study of Esther by Beth Moore. There is not to many things that I can say that are more amazing than the lessons learned from the Scripture and Bible studies with Beth Moore. I'm not worshiping her just very blessed by her teaching and understanding of the Scriptures and how she is able to apply it to my life.

For awhile now I have been praying to the Lord asking for guidance in a certain situation in our family. Our children have been praying, we have been praying. It's been neat how the Lord has laid the same burden on all of our hearts that are living in this household and even more exciting is the fact that Mark and I have felt that the Lord was telling us that He was going to be moving in a certain direction but we just didn't know how that would all work out. Even now as I sit here typing this I have no idea how its going to work out. It may be very exciting to see how it all unfolds or it may be that our role is to be much less in this certain situation. Lately, I have very fervently prayed that the Lord will guide us and help us with being content in the here and now. To RELAX! I'm always so ready for God to "hurry up and get this going!" Let's get a MOVE ON God!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! However, God's timing is perfect! WE all know this but rarely do we REALLY FEEL it! This time however, I finally FEEL it! I am perfectly content in this situation and waiting on the sidelines trying to see how its all going to work out. Of course there is the negative side of me saying "Probably NOT going to be very exciting, probably God doesn't have anything really HAPPY going on for us." I call that side of my personality "the EYEORE complex!" However, today in Bible study I knew that God was telling me "SEEE, I said WAIT and this is why I said WAIT!".

We have friends that are waiting to hear about tests from the doctor, we have friends that are waiting to see what's going to happen in their business, we ALL have things going on in our lives that we are WAITING on. So, here comes the amazing Bible study. Wouldn't you know that that's what tonight lesson was on.

The verse that just POPPED off the page to me and the words that she said after that was like my "lightening rod" moment. "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who WAIT for him. Isa. 30:18 She then went on to say that "We cannot fret our way to victory." Sometimes I just KILL myself with my attitude. I am just like saying "Seriously God FIX THIS RIGHT NOW!" Then my favorite quote of the evening "It's TRUST that turns it all around." Can you say WOW!!!

Waiting is so hard for me, but I have to believe that "Trust comes before it happens." (my second favorite quote of the evening) I trust that whatever happens will be the best for my family but in doing so the excitement is building just wondering how He's going to answer this prayer of ours. How is this situation going to turn out. Part of me is terrified and thinking that nothing will happen and it will just be a disappointment....the other part of me is......I can FEEL the answer coming soon and I really think its going to be a good one. However, if its not I will still TRUST Him. I will still WAIT knowing that my Heavenly Father wants nothing more for me than to trust Him and take hold of His hands and once I have finally done that....WOW that is True FREEDOM! I'm taking baby steps sisters.....baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment