About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Homeschool Changes

It's taken me about a year and a half to get it! I have finally come up with a solution!

Since we homeschool I have decided that we can take those early morning appointments at doctors, dentists, etc. but then realized that by the time we get home its time for lunch and getting my children re-grouped to concentrate on lessons is IMPOSSIBLE!

So, I have come to the realization that we are going to be very strict about. We don't receive phone calls from a certain time to a certain time and we no longer make appointments until after 1 at least. I have also started running errands in the evening and even doing library time in the evening. It has resulted in three solid days at home which has allowed me to do more crafts with Ellianna and baking with both children and cooking for several days so that our Mondays through Wednesdays (which involve gymnastics, boy scouts, homeschool classes, choir and piano lessons) can not be as stressful and allows me to breathe on the other days without being filled with errands for the household.

So, if you are new to homeschooling than that's what I've learned and if you have done it for a hundred years and are shaking your head that "yes Jamie EVERYONE knows that" than good for me I finally caught up!

Have a lovely day and remember chocolate can help a lot of days go better:)

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, you always make me laugh.
    Oh and I often turn the phone OFF.
    Leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible :)

    ReplyDelete