About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

O.k. I GET IT NOW!!!!

I'm a little behind in my Esther study so I sat down today to finish up some more and was blown away at the things that I read on the page....

I just want to write them down for you and listen to hear your responses and see if they were anything like mine.

These are all from Beth Moore...not my words but hers given to her by the Almighty and they are VERY powerful!

"Spending ourselves for something infintely greater still fans our parched souls with the God-given need to matter, but relieves us of the relentless pain of be the "It" person at the center of it." Can you say...um....thank you for that?

"What if we awakened to what a dream-killer perfectionism is? To how pitifully small and unworthy a goal personal greatness is? We were meant for so much more." HELLOOOOOOOOOO! Is anyone out there wanting to shout yet?

"Every one of us who embraces the glory of God as our purpose will end up doing great things precisely because we do God-things. His holy hand resting on the least act renders the ordinary extraordinary. Spooning soup into the mouth of the weak or manning the nursery so a tired mom can go to church are acts of high worship when offered in the name of Christ. He beholds the sight like a breathtaking work of art, tilting His head to study each subtle detail. "She has done a beautiful thing to me."" WOW! WOW! WOW!

"Those with the presence of mind and semblance of health are called to pour out the drink offering of their lives until the cup is overturned and every drop of energy slips-perhaps unnoticed, uncelebrated-into the bast ocean of earthly need."

These words were balm to my soul. There are so many times I get discouraged in serving.....This is what really matters....It is helping me so much to have that word picture in my head..."He beholds the sight like a breathtaking work of art, tilting His head to study each subtle detail. "She has done a beautiful thing to me."

Don't grow weary sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment