About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Don't Panic MORE Dinners in the Freezer--Chipotle Choc Chili

I have been asked from a couple of people about this so I decided to post this on my blog. As you know I do the freezer cooking and this particular recipe came from the second book which I have just now decided to start exploring.

Last night I made this and it went over very well. My husband and son had two bowls each and it served a family of four plus I was able to put away two large freezer bags full of it for later!

I tripled the recipe:

Chipotle-Chocolate Chili

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 cup diced onion
1 c chopped red bell pepper (I used green)
1 t minced garlic
3 T brown sugar
2 T chili powder
1 T unsweetened cocoa
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
1/4 t salt
1-15 oz can pinto beans drained
1-15 oz can kidney beans, drained
2-14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained (when I make this again I will use less tomatoes)
1-14oz can low sodium chicken broth
1/2 c roasted chipotle salsa (I used pace no big deal!)

Add ground beef or turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to stockpot. Cook over medium high heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, approximately 8 min. Drain. Add sugar, chili powder, cocoa, cumin, black pepper, salt, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, broth and salsa. Stir to blend; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 min. or until slightly thickened.

There ya go! Then I let it cool put it in freezer bags and laid flat and now I have two large freezer bags full of it that are in files in my freezer! YEAH!

Enjoy! We had sour cream and tortilla chips with it and it was YUMMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment