About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 9, 2010

For my sister Ronda Rehn

Today was a day that I thought that you would appreciate.

Remember when I was working at your store and my life was in shambles? Remember when I had to go to work and leave my sweet baby boy with you while he stood at the door crying but I knew that it would be o.k. because you would take really good care of him? Remember when you had Ethan and Landon keep it a secret that Trey was walking because you wanted me to see him do it for what I thought would be the first time? Do you remember when we would go out shopping together and your head was too small to fit ALL the hats in the whole entire store?

I remember all of them and then some....today though as I was sitting at the kitchen table with my two children and reading Mozart and teaching them and sitting in my warm home and am married to a man that takes care of us and supports me staying home I remembered how sometimes in life we take little detours....we sometimes don't think we will ever make it out....we don't think we will ever smile again....and we don't think that we and by that I meant ME. I remember watching you teach your kids and read to them and how you were so happy to just make a home for your family and I thought......TODAY I got it...I totally understand and can tell you how truly content that I am now and how much I appreciate you and your true love for your family and all that you have done and how important you believe the job of homemaker and motherhood to be.

I love you so much and I'm so thankful for you paving the way for me and showing me how....to NOT give up!

2 comments:

  1. Very well written and from the heart. Very sweet of you to recognize the love shown to you. God Bless:)

    ReplyDelete