About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 23, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Just wanted to make sure to tell everyone Merry Christmas! Hopefully tonight if it doesn't snow we will be getting a visit from "Santa". We try and do this for each child when they are around 3ish. Ellianna will either run away and hide or enjoy it. She did make a melting snowman cookie yesterday for her and Santa to enjoy. We haven't told her that he is coming so not sure when she thought that she could eat it with him. She did ask me last night if she could go with him on his sleigh.

Today is cleaning day and wrapping every last present I could think of to wrap along with ironing my "S" napkins. This year I only have to make one big meal since the first time ever we are just going to have to have ONE meal!!!! So, I've been asked for a long time to share this green bean casserole recipe that I have that was given to me by my sister n law Terri. So, here it is and Merry Christmas!

Green Bean Casserole

16 oz fren cut green beans
16 oz can shoe peg white corn
1 can cream of celery soup
1 lg ctn sour cream
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/8 c shredded onion
pepper to taste

Place most of ingredients in casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Mix 1 stick of butter, 1 stack of ritz crackers crumbled and 1 pkg of slivered almonds. Plance on top of cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.

Note:I always double the recipe. I made this for my six employees and made two helpings. All of them are PENCIL thin and there was NOT ONE DROP left! I have never seen them eat so much in my entire life! It was THAT good!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment