About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monkey See Monkey Do

Lately I've been in a cooking, cleaning, labelmaker, foodsaver kind of mood. I love to find ways to improve things around the home and make my life in the end easier! To make things awesome and look like I spent a ton of money and time and effort but really....didn't!

I've learned to freeze meals ahead of time from friends. I've learned about the labelmaker and foodsaver....from a friend:) I've learned about scrapbooking through shutterfly....from a friend who first showed me hers about three years ago...Marcia:) I learned about clowning from a friend.....Dan and Sue:) I learned about homeschooling from a sister and many friends:) I've learned about decorating and the joy of Nell Hill from LOTS of friends but Pam Shroyer....you took me to my first trip to Nell Hill....oh what a day! I've learned about Beth Moore from ladies and amazing Bible studies about Esther and even more involved Bible studies about losing weight for the good of our health and families, I've learned about gardening and canning and so many things in the seven years that I've lived here.

I've been encouraged in learning how to deal with stepfamilies, learning how to deal with owning our own business, learning how to deal with teens,preteens and toddlers. Being the right kind of wife when there is NO way he deserves it and having the courage to ask for forgiveness when I have been wrong. Learning how to truly serve by watching and then DOING right along side others. Learning how to serve in the church and balancing that with home and family.....and it came to me!

Godly mothers, teachers, sisters and wives.....listening to Godly music, learning the word, encouraging one another constantly, striving to do better, helping each other up constantly, having the strength to tell someone they are wrong and need to change without fear of that person not hating them forever......that is the kind of friends I want and the kind of friends I need.

It's so nice to have facebook, to have so many ways to be able to communicate with all of you throughout the day. It makes me feel that I'm not alone and that I'm going to be o.k. because I have friends helping me through. I have friends pointing me in the way I should go.

It made me stop and think....If I didn't have the RIGHT kind of friends than what would I be encouraged to do? Funny how quickly my ideas about what would be right and wholesome would change. It made me realize that even at the age of....umm....36...that I still have to be very careful who I let influence me. Because it only takes a minute to go down the wrong road and the journey back could take years......always remember my friends are so important....glad I have chosen WISELY!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment