About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Music Class Continues

I absolutely love, love, love our new music class. Right now we are studying Mozart and its fascinating. I looked on Vision Forum and they have this whole study for all the great composers. It was wonderful because each book has a workbook and they also have color pages and the actual sheet music. I read a chapter each day while Trey and Ellianna color. I then ask Trey the questions and then we listen to the music. The beautiful thing about it is even though Ellie just says Mozart, Mozart and has no idea about the connection, I know that we are planting a seed. I enjoy this because there is an age difference in my children and we can't do a lot of read alouds but this we can do together.

I enjoy music since I have played the piano since I was seven and very much want to have my children love music as well. I want them to appreciate the fine arts and this study helps me do so.

The study is a bit pricey but I can teach two students and its fabulous. It's cheaper than a month of preschool for Ellie for the whole curriculum.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment