About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 19, 2010

NOT NOW!


For the past five days I have had a very sick Ellie. I've been very discouraged in this because its the last week before Christmas. We wanted to go see Santa, go see Tangled, go see lights and Ellianna told Daddy that she wanted to go shopping for Mommy (how sweet is that?) Plus the fact that tonight is the Awana Happy Birthday Jesus Party that my poor baby can't go to and me (Miss Dot) is going and have been planning this for a long time.

My husband was supposed to play one of his favorite songs for church today and I had to miss it. I haven't slept through the night since Tuesday and to say I'm tired would be an understatement. I keep thinking why in the world is it that every time I try to make plans that are GOOD plans, plans that are helpful to others that my Ellie gets sick or something happens that doesn't allow me to do the very thing that I felt that God wanted me to do.

I've been so discouraged, and a little angry at why we have to be "stuck" at home for this time. I have been dealing with oral steroids, nebulizer treatments and a child who is whiny and downright mean due to the side effects of her medicine. Then last night my husband came home could see how tired I was and told me....that we have a lot to be thankful for....I felt like slapping him I thought that that sounded so easy to say since he's been sleeping through the nights, and haven't had to deal with being thrown up on etc. However, he's right....as big of a pain as it is.....however bad the timing is.....its not the end of the world. We haven't been told our child has a rare disease for which there is no cure....we just have to deal with the inconvience of a really bad cold/asthma issues so I decided to focus on the positive on my recent "homebound" status.

Here is Ellie's list: I get to have ring pops all the time lately because it helps me quit coughing, lots of snuggle time with Mommy, I get to play my DS any time I want lately and I get to watch movies!

Mommy's list: I get to use Hy-Vee delivery with absolutely no guilt, I'm able to spend more time cooking and doing my blog then ever before. I'm able to sit down and be still and I have to say its been very nice.

Tonight my hubby gets to stay with Ellianna while Miss Dot goes to minister and I'm very excited and praying that everything goes well and looking forward to this coming week. I'm hoping that we are able to get everything done and be able to enjoy our Christmas celebrations. Thankful that we know the true meaning of Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Celebrate the Lord has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment