About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Now for the SLOW DOWN!


I trust that all of you had a wonderful Christmas. I have to say that our family certainly did! For the first time in I don't know how long our whole family on the Segrist side was able to have dinner on Christmas Day. The day was filled with food, presents, laughter and fun. It was good to be safe and warm and very FULL in a house filled with Ellianna going from one thing to the next that it almost made her dizzy to Trey wearing his army hat....all day! Of course the older girls wearing their new jackets from the moment they opened them to our cousin finding our her new electronic device fit perfectly into her new Vera! My husband completely suprised me with his gifts to me as I did to him. It was so much fun to give...and yes...to receive!

Today finds me content and happy...I know most people are sad due to the fact that...its over! This is usually my favorite week. The hard work is over...the organization for the year is soon to begin! Yes, I dislike putting up the tons of Christmas decorations but it is so wonderful to re-organize and get ready for the month of January....which has become my favorite month!

January is a month of slow downs, gymnastics won't start for at least two weeks, Upward is still a month away, soccer is a couple months away. It's a time to reflect, be still, organize the year, get the budget back on track. It's time to slow down!

It is wonderful to take time to be able to reflect, read books that I haven't been able to finish and spend time with my Savior in the QUIET! I hope in the next few weeks you will be able to sit, be still and REST.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment