About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Warrior Princess!

Almost done reading Captivating.....

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of the dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Eph. 6:10-13

When did you catch yourself in a battle of spiritual warfare? I know it has come to you, it comes to everyone...it can come as a whisper...or a yell or it can even be a punch in the gut of real tragedy when not even the sun looks as bright as it once was. How strong in your faith are you then???

What is your wound? Do you know what lie you have believed that you have been told that you still cling to? My lie was....I will never measure up, you deserve what has happened to you, you will NEVER amount to anything.

When all was lost.....I was drowning in a sea of despair....crying out to God for help and I knew that He was there trying to pull me back into the boat....but I kept pushing Him away...not able to believe the truth He was trying to tell me. I believed the lies and came very close to walking away from my faith forever. If you don't think that can't happen that you will always choose God and not ever falter....be very careful! I believe that when God allows tragedy in our lives and unspeakable sorrow...its all to easy to fall. Even writing those words scare me.....

When I re-married I thought that all was well....I could breathe a sigh of relief....I wasn't alone...all would return to normal....I could blink and this nightmare would be gone from my head....trouble was.....you can't very well be an "etch a sketch" and forget the tragedies of your life....it just doesn't work that way.

When we look at the Bible it shows us so many women who did what we would think of as the impossible. Mary for instance...boy don't ya know what people were saying about her....and Esther....how terrifying would that be and talk about feeling inadequate to persuade him after he hadn't asked to see her for how many days??? I would for sure be eating the M&M's and carrying around the jar of peanut butter! My point is this....we as women are the weaker sex....but we are still VERY strong.

Many have said if men were the ones having babies every family would have one kid each and that's it....I do believe that but at the same time....think of all the scary things that men do for us. My point being that we as women are strong and do mighty things. WE have a way to minister to others that no one else does. We have to learn to let go of the lies that the enemy has told us. For me I have had to say out loud "Satan stop the lies, get away from me!" I've had to shout it! I know this sounds insane but the attacks of Satan are real....especially when there is something that we are getting ready to be doing for the ministry and I have really seen this happen between my husband and I...arguments that come from a misunderstanding on both parts? YOu don't think that is just something that happens do you? NO, the devil is walking about seeking whom he may devour!

I see this in our home. Recently, we have done the "negative jar". If anything it has shown us just how horrible we are to each other...NOW I have the problem of people waiting to tattle on the person who said the negative thing so that they can put a quarter in...so now should I have a second jar? Our homes, our ministry, that is where Satan is wanting to defeat us....you may think that what you do is not important as I have felt that way many times...but I have found that it must be.

I always laugh at the days that I'm to be Miss Dot. Without fail if it is an event that we are just doing balloons and face painting and visiting with the kids....nothing happens in our home before I leave. If its an event where I will be teaching a Bible story...NEVER fails that I have one or both children yelling and screaming and then here I am in "clown" trying NOT to yell at my children.....do you have that visual?


It never fails.....I have learned to have my babysitter there early to avoid these things so that I may go and do what I need to do without being attacked but it always happens one way or the other by someone or something. I have been attacked in more ways than one in this ministry wanting to quit....but then I hear God whispering..."I told you to do this...don't listen" then He sends his faithful servants that speak the same words into my ears....Why can't I just learn that Satan will not attack those who do nothing, he will only attack those that do something....which means the something I do.....must be making him pretty mad...which makes me quite happy!

In closing I wanted to share with you a prayer that Stasi put in her book written by a young lady who prays this as she gets ready each morning "putting on her armor of God"

"I now put on with thanks the armor which You have provided for me---girding myself with the belt of truth; binding up all that is vulnerable of my femininity ; first my need to be pursued and fought for. Thank you for daily pursuing me and fighting for me as well.

I also gird up my desire to be irreplaceable in a grand scheme of Yours. You have placed this desire within me and I wrap Your truth around it, in hope of what You will do. Grant me eyes to see each day in light of Your activity, to live in the big-ness of Your story.

I gird up my desire to offer life through my gifting, the beauty You haave bestowed on me. I ask You to continue to reveal and confirm what You desire to do through me and all You have given to me. I trust that You have called me by name and have given me a love, a beauty, a gift to pour out on my family, my friends, and those You bring to me. May this day be an offering of love poured out before You on the altar of my life."

WOW! So, be a warrior Princess today...don't listen to the lies....yell out loud if you have to to get him to run away.....and complete the good work that God has for you to do!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment