About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 16, 2011

What Makes You Happy?


What Makes You Happy? Flowers make me happy and surprise dinners with my hubby out and watching a movie in a freezing theatre (but happy because we had no loud rowdy kids around us) We had an awesome very rare treat out alone. We enjoyed the time together very much.

Today, I got to go to church. Due to Ellianna's asthma issues I haven't been able to attend church for at least four weeks and it was a joy to be in God's house. When I got home I decided to make my husband's favorite soup for some of his friends coming over along with my homemade bread and thought I would share some of those recipes with you.

As I was cooking my favorite sounds were listening to Trey and Mark watching the football game together and my dear Ellianna coloring and playing blocks. It was a joy to enjoy the simple things today and I was absolutely delighted!


These are my chocolate chip butterscotch cookies. These cookies are so yummy. So simple but so yummy. Also, I flash freeze my cookies in "balls" and then keep them in a ziploc in the freezer so that when anyone wants cookies and have friends over they just go down to the freezer and grab some and bake them in the oven!

2 1/2 cups flour
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
3/4 cup and 2 T unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 t vanilla
6 T sour cream
1 1/2 cups semisweet choc chips
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips

Mix together flour, salt and soda in medium sized bowl. Set. aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy about 3-5 min. Add eggs and vanilla mixing well. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream. Beat until combined. Stir in butterscotch and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate until dough is chilled about one hour. Using an ice cream or cookie scoop drop 1 1/2 inch balls of dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until cookies are golden brown.

Now for the ymmiest soup ever!!!


North Woods Wil Rice Soup
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 c celery, chopped
1/4 c butter
3 T flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t paprike
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded or cubed ( I prefer shredded)
1-10 oz can chicken broth
1 T worchestershire sauce
2 T cooking sherry
1 c milk
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/12 cups cooked wild rice

fry drain and crumble bacon (or use the real bacon bits from hormel...not the crunchy dried up stuff the crumble bacon the real stuff). set aside. Saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir inf lour, salt, thyme and paprika. Heat until bubbly. Add cooken chicken, chicken broth, worcestershire sauce, sherry, milk and half and half stirring until thickened. Cool. Fold in rice and bacon.

I triple this recipe and then freeze two extra bags so that we can have this whenever we like. I have not met anyone who doesn't absolutely love this soup! ITS fantastic!

So, that was my weekend....and just the simple things....those things make me very happy! What makes you happy????

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh...I love recipes! Thanks for sharing, I'm excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete