About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

I know what your thinking...big deal. Why is she putting this on here? I have to tell you that I AND my hubby AND the kiddos couldn't get over the flavor! Truly the BEST!!! YUMMO! and since its supposed to be cold and snowy for a couple more days...why not enjoy something warm and yummy!

1-10 oz package frozen peas and carrots (I just use mixed veggies)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms. chopped
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t sage
1/8 t pepper
2 cups water
3/4 cup milk
1 T chicken bouillon
3 cups cooked chicken (or turkey)
1/4 cup chopped pimiento
1/4 cup snipped parsley

Cooking day
Cook peas and carrots according to package directions; drain. Cook onion and mushroom in butter or margarine until tender but not brown. Stir in flour, salt, sage, and pepper. Add water, milk, and bouillon granules all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more. Stir in drained cooked vegetables, chicken or turkey, pimiento and parsley' heat until bubbly.

Place chicken misture in pie dish; top with upper crust. Bake in pie shell in 400 degree oven for 25-30 min or until golden brown.

I triple this recipe and then put them in separate freezer bags and then just put it in a pie shell and bake!

Enjoy!


Bundle up!

No comments:

Post a Comment