About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chipotle-Chocolate Chili

I know....there is yucky stuff on the ground....we are ALL tired of it! However, one cannot eat chili in the summer so here's a recipe that our family likes very much!

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 cup diced onion
1 cup chopped red bell pepper (I use green)
1 t minced garlic
3 T brown sugar
2 T chili powder
1 T unsweetened cocoa
1 t ground cumin
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 t salt
1-15 oz can pinto beans, drained
1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
2 14-5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained---I use less because---we just like it!
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1/2 cup roasted chipotle salsa

Add ground beef or turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to stockpot. Cook over medium high heat until meat is browned and veggies are tender; approximately 8 minutes. Drain. Add sugar, chili powder, cocoa, cumin, black pepper, salt, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, broth and salsa. Stir to blend; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 min until slightly thickened.

I make this in 3 batches---freeze two---you girls know the drill!!!!

We top with sour cream have a little biscuit a little tortilla chip...YUMMMMOOOO!

Seriously, its good!




See, even Ellie thinks its SUPER!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment