About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken and my other frozen friends

Today I'm freezing...and I'm sick of the ice and the cold and the "no going" anywhere...not that I want to go anywhere but if I wanted to then I would want to go and I don't want to go because its to cold...make sense???? NO, I didn't think so...that's why I needed to think warm happy thoughts of my very favorite place in the whole wide world...Hawaii...I've been there twice and can't wait to go again...today I'm thinking of white sand beaches...sticky rice....and fabulous sun sun sun!!!!

So, one of my dear facebook friends asked me to share....so I will...the recipe comes from my very favorite book...Don't Panic, Dinners in the Freezer...in case you have it its on pg 101

6 lbs bonelss, skinless chicken breast halves
2-16 oz can pineapple slices, drained or chunks
2-15 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 t salt
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground red pepper---I put 1 tsp because my family likes things a little spicy and I only put one can of pineapple because to us its a little much with two

PUt in crockpot cover and cook on low for 4-5 hrs or on high 2-3 hrs add green pepper to crock pot one hour before serving, if desired. To serve, spoon over steamed rice and top with toasted almonds. We will also be having a yummy salad!

NOW, you know I'm not done!


As you can see here I have one in the crockpot and I had enough ingredients to put another one away in the freezer. That's how I cook...I make two or three of each and then go two weeks or more without cooking at all!

Last night I made layered enchilada bake...made a small one for us and then...


When I made it last night I layered aluminum foil first and then plastic wrap and put my dinner in it....then....



Sometimes the meal doesn't come out easily of the container...put it in a sink with warm water and it comes loose immediately...then you have a free standing frozen meal. That way you can still use your containers and it stacks so easily in the freezer. Then when your ready to eat, put back in the container, let thaw, remove the wrapper and pop in the oven to eat....you remove the wrapper while its still pretty frozen...otherwise you will have a very big mess!


As you can see its now ready to go in the freezer!



Also, I bought these at Sams...almost a year ago....for about $11 or $14 bucks a piece.....still have a TON...its ridiculous!

Anyway, have a lovely day! STay warm and cook a lot and freeze your food a lot...it makes life so much easier! and remember....Don't Panic...Dinner's in the Freezer! YES MAAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment