About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making Finger Paints

Ellianna and I made these the other day and I'm just now getting around to posting it. I was going to make it again so that you could see the CORRECT form of how it is supposed to look but thought that maybe you could learn from MY MISTAKE...by the way Ellianna was none the wiser! She still had fun! Later this week we will do bath paints.

As I always want to give credit where credit is due I found this on the Idea Room. Again, click on my blog button for the site if you would like....or you could always follow my directions:)

1/2 c cornstarch
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 c cold water
food coloring

Cook on low for 10 min.....until it thickens....ok that was my problem I didn't WAIT for it to get thick enough but she still was able to use the paint and I personally liked it better than the thick one I had last time.

The colors were brighter....but ALAS....it was supposed to be MUCH thicker....she still had fun as you will see in the pics below!


ok people.....don't freak out that I let my daughter cook on a hot stove...I hadn't turned it on yet...





I had containers to SAVE them in BUT the mixture was to thin to save....soo...learn from me friends!

Have fun and since in my neck of the woods its TOTALLY snowing we will be having A LOT of time to perfect our paint and bath paints and playdoh and organizing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment