About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Monday, February 21, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I would show you a pic of these....but I took these to Lift....and there are none left....o.k. there was one and I asked my friend if she wanted it and she said yes!

So, I thought I would share this yummy recipe with ya all!

1 c butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal, powdered
1/2 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
12 oz choc chips
4 oz hershey chocolate bar, grated




Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Powder oatmeal by placing in a blender or food processor. Combine flour, powdered oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Add in chocolate chips and grated Hershey bar. Form into golf ball size balls. Bake at 350 for 9-11 min.

I personally triple this recipe and use my medium ice cream baller and "flash freeze" and then store away in the freezer in a ziploc freezer bag so that I can have fresh cookies whenever I want them....its a huge lifesaver....like tonight...when I wanted to go to Lift...and had to do school and gymnastics...walk down to freezer....bake...eat yummy cookie at Lift and enjoy yummy much needed fellowship with friends:) Trust me, its a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment