About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recipe Binder

OH MY GOODNESS! Have you ever had a project that's been calling your name for literally YEARs and FINALLY you conquered it due to a challenge that you had?

AT a Bowl Full of Lemons blog she had a Recipe Binder challenge and I'm sooo glad she did! About twelve years ago when I married my late husband we were given a recipe binder that she filled with recipes for me. Twelve years later...I'm re-married and needed new memories and that one binder had become THREE plus it had been a place that I STUCK all wonderful recipe cards etc in all of them. Couldn't find anything! I use two different cookbooks each and every day...but I needed a place for my husband's Mom great biscuits recipe...written in her own hand...she won't be with us much longer and those things are great to pass on. So, I went through ALL three binders and threw away all the recipes that I haven't made in eight years and there was a HUGE stack that I pitched and then I just kept the "favorites".

My labels are:

Chicken
Beef
Salads
Sides
Fast Dinners
Sauces
Desserts
Parties

The notebook I have now is NOT what I shall keep them in but I had the clear binders and wanted to get it done before I went and purchased a new notebook! Great challenge....glad its done and now....I won't be wondering where that great cheeseball recipe is when I have another party!

Thanks for the challenge!





By the by...this project took me a little over an hour...why didn't I do it sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment