About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Family

This weekend I was able to see family that I haven't seen since last December and by that I mean 2009. My family is spread apart and is very large and getting together is very difficult. For instance, I had to re-arrange the whole weekend to be able to do this but it was important to make time for your family.

The first thing we did was have the family meet at my parents house for breakfast for yummy doughnuts from Krispy Kreme (what could be better) Then it was a huge caravan that went to bowling!




Trey was playing on the "big boys" team and couldn't be bothered by me and my frivilous pics!

Then the little ones got medals for their participation in bowling and as you can see my Ellie was thrilled!


Then my absolute favorite thing...my sister Kathie (my 2nd sister) made aprons for all of us for our upcoming bdays and they have a patchwork square that was made from my Grandmother and Great-grandmother. They were handstitched and they are gorgeous, plus its something from my Nanny and her Mom, so I being one who loves ALL things old was thrilled!



Then it was time for the annual pingpong tournament! I did pretty well but lost 5-10 to my sister Ronda....I therefore lost the trophy this year :( so sad for me!


My absolute favorite thing was....my Mom made Ellianna (grandchild) Jackson (great grandchild) and Chloe (great grandchild) doggies and they LOVED them. These for me hold the greatest memories. My mom made dolls, dogs, dresses and housecoats and blankets for us as gifts growing up and I loved them all. To be able to have these for my daughter to hold onto are wonderful and I'm so thrilled that she has a piece of my Mom.



These pictures are adorable and make me smile so big!


I love this pic...wish I would have had a better camera to take it with though but I wish you could have heard their laughter and their "conversation". It was wonderful to hear it, to be with family, to enjoy each others company. To let the busyness of today go for a little while and listen to the laughter and enjoy the time together. My parents won't be around forever, children don't stay children for long and I don't want to be the one that missed it all by having to do chores constantly and run errands. I want to sit and hear the laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment