About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Gifts Continue

I cannot for a moment even begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading this book. Who would have ever thought that something so simple....could change you so much. I am learning to change....to look for things I haven't looked for...feels like I've wasted so much. Learning to trust my Savior again, learning to thank Him for ALL He's done...not live in fear that sadness will and loss will come again...He wants me to be happy, to trust, to love...to REST in Him.

29. The smell of my favorite candles.
30. Listening to my 3 yr old sing praise songs.
31. Seeing my son help make muffins.
32. The smell of my house clean after I've been sick and not able to manage it.
33. Clean laundry, warm right out of the dryer
34. Kids and husband taking second helpings of a meal I worked hard to prepare.
35. Being there for the moments when your child "get" a lesson you have worked so hard to teach them.
36. Blue speckled eggs
37. Sweet comments from friends.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous picture, Jamie! And I know who received this wonderful gift!! You are a treasure!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m here from Ann’s, I know it’s Saturday morning – but there are a whole bunch of thank you counters. First, the book – it is life changing stuff – Ann’s book.

    From your thank you’s I especially liked: 33. Clean laundry, warm right out of the dryer (this is on so many thank you lists – because it’s definitive – it’s something everyone loves – me too (◠‿◠) I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you.

    God Bless and keep you and your family

    ReplyDelete