About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Praying for the Hurt

All day I've been looking and watching at pictures coming in of the devastation of Japan. I have to look away at times because of the tears that flow for these people that are in complete devastation. Here I am, annoyed at the week and the insanity of it all that lays before me. Annoyed with the sickness of our household, annoyed with my computer that seems to need more memory to do ANYTHING here lately....and I started laughing....seriously????

How can I be upset and annoyed when there is suffering tonight in this world...great suffering... a mother longs to hold her child who was taken from this world in an instant....a family looks at where their house and possessions used to be and see nothing left....families look for loved ones and realize that they cannot be found...such great loss and devastation....its easier to look away to close my eyes and cover my ears...to forget....to go on with my own life and the trouble that comes with my petty problems...but then I remember...."in the Blackest He is closest"....those words from my great book one thousand gifts...it keeps coming back to me. So many right now want to say "Where is God? Why would He allow this to happen?" I will tell you I don't know the whys....and never will....but I have learned to begin trusting again....one step at a time...trusting that my God will supply all my needs, trusting that He will guide me and mold me...trusting that He only wants what is BEST for me....even though I don't even begin to understand it....and when you are in the thick of the nightmare..you can't see...but you can FEEL...

Psalm 18: 16-19
He reached down fron on high and took hold of me, he drew me out of deep waters, He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place. He rescued me because he delighted in me.

Psalm 34:18

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

My house was not just taken out by a tsunami and I didn't just lose everything on this planet that I hold dear and my family is safe in their beds sleeping...but it can happen in an instant. Your life can be turned upside down and leave you breathless and shaking your head as if the wind was knocked out of you. He will be there when it does, He will guide you when it comes. He will save you...He will.

As for me I continue to pray for Japan and will do what I can to send relief to them and to remember that "in the blackest He is closest." He is not suprised by the events and the devastation and He is there...He is always there.

May His name be praised!

1 comment: