About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taking Time To Smell The Flowers

AFter the crazy of last week and the weeks to come I decided after looking at our hours for homeschool and all that we accomplished that a week off could benefit all of those living here.

I've looked around at my house and the chores keep piling up, the cooking seems to be done by a wing and a prayer, I find myself teaching Trey and growing impatient that he doesn't "get it" immediately. I have BECOME a SLAVE to my list! If it says I'm supposed to do it then it had BETTER get done! So, I decided that this week we would accomplish those tasks but we would also take a "chill". We would play outside, we would have days where we do "nothing" and we wouldn't feel guilty and by "we" I mean me, because after all isn't that ALWAYS the problem?

I have said yes to to many things, I have overscheduled "good things" but nevertheless I'm not doing ANYTHING well. So, today....I'm re-evaluting, re-scheduling...re-thinking and telling people that I can't be involved in certain things anymore and telling myself to not FEEL guilty! My family MUST become my top priority....my community, my church deserve my time and I will give it....but not constantly. So, I encourage you to look at things in your life that doen't seem to be working (like mine was) and see what can be eliminated and what should stay....remember your a wife and a MOm first!

May HIs name be praised!
Tomorrow, the purging of the whole house that i've been working on is making its way to the Goodwill....YEAH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment