About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Bright Side of Your Life!

So today....I awoke with a more determined spirit to steer the morning in a more positive direction. After my wonderful cup of coffee...ahhhh I love it so much I was able to take on this day and all the crazy details of it all. Before it started I decided to enjoy the moments to the fullest...to put the "checklist" in its place...to realize that not everyone that comes over to my house is going to be checking for the dustbunnies under the bed and the cobwebs that seem to have sprouted everywhere on my walls and ceilings. This has been bugging me to say the least but trying to find the time to do it seems to be just not happening...instead of stressing I am realizing...its on the list....it will get done....if people don't want to be my friend because of it...well....we probably wouldn't have lasted long anyway!

So, here is my day....in posting this I feel a bit foolish. After all....its just my boring life...who cares right? Well, I decided that perhaps in looking at mine you might change your outlook on things you find mundane??? Just a thought...and I will include a super yummy recipe tonight to...what could be better?




Seriously....made from scratch chocolate icing....LOVE LOVE LOVE!


Not the brightest dog, digs in my flower beds....but....patience...she's got that down pat!



Made from scratch Mississippi Mud Cake....and icing...its soo insanely yummy! Made this tonight for the Scouts dinner....none came home!



There is nothing better than being three, wearing your favorite purple, sparkly leotard, and going to gymnastics. No care in the world....blowing her lips whistle and running around with an easter egg....that's all it takes to make her insanely happy!



Spring is here! To be interrupted for a few days this upcoming weekend...but still...spring is here!

Enjoy your day! May His name be praised!

I Thess. 5:16 Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Just realized that the recipe for my Mississippi Mud Cake did not show up. I was having problems last night with posting this so here we go AGAIN!

Mississippi Mud Cake
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 10.5 oz bag min marshmallows
chocolate Frosting

Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in flour. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15 x 10 in jelly roll pan.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 min or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows. Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes. Drizzle chocolate frosting over warm cake. Cool completely.

Note: 2 19.5 oz packages brownie mix, prepared accoriding to package directionsm may be substituted for first 7 ingredients.

Chocolate Frosting
1 16 oz pkg powdered sugar sifted
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

Beat all ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.

I have to say store bought icing does NOT taste as heavenly as this does....it just MAKES it!

Have a great DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment