About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Can NOT come down!

I over-committed myself this year. I got involved in to many projects that were "good things" to be involved in...but things suffered. I am a stay at home Mom but I homeschool two children and I give piano lessons to four (one is my own) and I of course am the one that keeps up the home, the shopping, the bills, the yard....the "do it all" girl...that's me!

So, when I signed up to do these things I was excited... and don't get me wrong I have enjoyed being involved in it...but my home and my children have suffered...I've been grumpy because things weren't getting done. My attitude has been a bit edgy and gruff. Having this conversation several weeks ago...my dear friend Julia told me that she was in sunday school and they were studying Nehemiah...and this has stuck with me since that time and I decided to once and for all look up the scriptures and find the passage and so...I did:

Nehemiah 6:2-4
Sanballat and Geshem sent me this message: "Come let us meet together in one of the villages on the plain of Ono.: But they were scheming to harm me, so I sent messengers to them with this reply. "I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you? Four times they sent me the same message, and each time I gave them the same answer.

Since I have heard her say those words I have said them countless times...as I'm getting ready to say yes to more things! I do clown for our church and believe that I was asked to be involved in about five things that were good things that people want me at. However, I had to say no because of the time commitment that I would miss important things that my children are involved in. I hate saying no...I hate making people sad...but I just kept saying those things over and over in my head. "I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down."

There is nothing wrong with my clowning, there is nothing wrong with doing lots of things at church...but my family must come first. Now, no one can tell me, nor I tell you what exactly that looks like. It doesn't give me a free pass to do nothing in our community or our church...but now before I say yes...I think of the outcome for my family and pray and ask our Heavenly FAther what He would have me to do.

So, for all of you who can't say no....let Nehemiah say it for you!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment