About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Laura Story - Blessings



I have posted this song before....but it goes with so many things going on in my life right now....I have struggled the last month...greatly struggled.

People have hurt me, spoken ill of me....and I really didn't do the things that they said that I did....that seems to be a lesson I am to learn and...haven't yet. To truly learn the meaning of forgiveness.

I fear for my children...praying that they will follow our Lord and Savior. That they will strive to be like Him....I pray for my stepdaughters...wishing I could do more for them...wanting to shout, wanting to stand in front blocking them from those that would try to hurt them, tell them they ARE good enough, and not to listen to those who say otherwise and to stay away from those trying to take advantage of them.

I cry for friends that mourn their children who have gone before them....wanting to soothe their hurt...praying for their relief....praying that God will heal their wound that I cannot heal.

I pray for strength to be the mother that my children will one day rise up and call "blessed".

I pray for my heart to not be angry, not to store up resentment, to love the unlovely as God has commanded me to do.

I pray that I will go through my day remember the amazing blessings that He has given me, not wishing for the scars that I wear to be removed but thankful for the person that I'm becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment