About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Morning Glory Muffins

I was given the recipe by my dear friend Michelle. She has six kiddos and she's very tricky when it comes to hiding "good" food. So here ya all go!

MOrning Glory Carrot Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 egg
1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 jars (2 1/2 ounces each) strained carrot baby food (she's so brilliant)
1/2 cup fresh carrot or orange juice
4 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple in its own juice
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut-loosely packed

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray or wipe muffin tins with vegetable oil. Mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a large mixing bowl.

Add the oil, applesauce, egg, egg white, vanilla, strained carrots, juice and crushed pineapple and its juices. Mis well.

Fill the muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake for 20 to 25 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Turn the muffins out onto a wire rack. Once cooled, store them in an airtight container.

Source: "Great Good Food....Luscious Lower-Fat Cooking" Copyright| "1993 by Julee Rosso"

My hubby likes them and so do I and both of my children like them also! They are a hit...haven't tried them yet with the teenagers....but...the rest of us like them:)




They smell heavenly while they bake! ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you meant 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut as the last ingredient.
    I love this recipe. I have the cookbook packed away and was looking for it. Thank you and your friend for posting it.
    Oh and by the way the teenagers will like them too. I know my nieces and nephews did.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who get carried away and hits the s instead of the x key. It happens when you think faster than you can type.

    Pamela Jo
    http://theresjustlifeyaliveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate coconut and can't imagine them in this recipe...but you all are more than welcome to try it!

    ReplyDelete