About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Parenting Manifesto of Joy

Today is gorgeous out and sunny...we haven't had that for a couple of days. Last week was horribly cold and rainy and it was so much so that I think people were beginning to get cranky because of it..I know I was.

SOOO, today I had plans...go to the nursery get some flowers, some more red mulch, do a little shopping etc. BUT those plans were foiled when I received not ONE but TWO and now I'm just holding my breath...to come get my hubby because of some problems with our vehicle! I was in SUCH a mood! This is the ONE day that is gorgeous out and I was going to do this and this and I've been DYING to do it forever!!!!!

So, as I was eating my lunch...trying to piece together this day to accomplish something my eyes spotted something that I had printed off the VERY night before....my heart was convicted! My first day and I hadn't even TRIED!!!!

So, here it is...written by Ann Voskamp author of "one thousand gifts" my very favorite book in the whole world!

a parenting manifesto of joy

1. Today, I will make our home a house of prayer. I will pray at set times. And I will invite our children to come move into an interior space that lives with God.

2. Today, I will transfigure all things into beauty, and I will refuse to see anything else

3. Today, I will not have any emergencies. There are no emergencies! Only amateurs hurry.

4. Today, when stress mounts, I pray to dismount it with gratitude. My stress management plan will be intervention with verbal thanks. I can only feel one feeling at a time, and I choose to give thanks at all times. Fight feeling with feeling!

5. Today, Ill pray to speak words that are only STRONG words, words that make these children feel strong. Grace words. Grace is the only no-toxic air. All other words I breathe are death words.

6. Today I will pray to be consistently consistent. I will create safe rhythm that our children can find security in. I will create daily ceremonies because everyday we are celebrating the gift of NOW!

7. Today, the moment I am most respelled by a child's behavior, that is my sign to draw the very closest to that child.

8. Today, I will hug each of my children as many times as I serve them meals--because children's hearts feed on touch. I'll look for as many opportunities to touch my children today as possible---the taller they are, the more so.

9. Today, my priorities will be all THINGS UNSEEN.

10. Today, I will laugh! And I will let the little children laugh! I will create a culture of JOY!

If you would like to print out one for yourself click on the link below that will lead you to her blog!

Also, if you see me at the nursery, just hand me some chocolate....and tell me it'll be o.k.!

holy experience


Have a wonderful sunny day! I'm going to eat a Cadberry creme egg...yep! Feeling better ALREADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment