About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 10, 2011

This is the STUFF!

It seems we wait and wait and wait for spring here in the Midwest. The last two winters have been quite difficult. It seems that winter doesn't release its grasp easy and in checking the ten day forecast...it seems that the night temps will be dipping pretty far down before its all said and done. Today however it was close to ninety and yes....I almost complained....I really just want that sunny, perfect lovely day instead of the EXTREME cold one day and the EXTREME sweating, turn on air for the asthma people in the house the next day.

With this lovely weather comes of course the cleaning of the flowerbeds, the mowing of the lawn and all the "feeding and seeding" stuff that my husband does with the grass..saying "this year we MIGHT have a lawn!". For the spring in our house we celebrate three birthdays and of course have friends whose children are graduating etc. Spring is insane....but still we wait for it, love it, embrace it....but all breathe a sigh of relief when the insanity is over.

I have been involved in many things this spring as well as my duties that I of course have at home with homeschooling, and teaching piano....and find myself ready for renewal. I'm ready to be refreshed. People have failed me, have hurt me, have made me wonder...why? I feel tired, sad, and ready to be done with the race....so I continued my list..

61.Popsicle stained cheeks
62. My lilies beginning to grow
63. Fresh red mulch
64. Little freshly painted chubby pink fingernails
65. Smell of fresh cut grass
66. The sound of lawnmowers
67. Beautiful "pinkalicious" trees blooming
68. The smile on a boy's face---from "good jobs" from other parents on a job well done during a bball game
69 Twenty minute naps
70 Spending time with my man
71 Freshly painted toes
72 Library book found!
73 Prom night-hearing stepdaughter say "love you" PRICELESS!
74.Blue clown noses...yep...I like em!

This life...it can wear us down...make us not want to go on...make us want to quit...but we press on...

Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

May His name be praised!






No comments:

Post a Comment