About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ways to save money

Well, even if times were not as tough as they are I believe we as women have a unique job especially those that stay at home. I think that my "job" is to be able to save money wherever I possibly can.

We have had asthma issues in our home and I have decided to try and use the safest cleaning products that I can while still keeping a very clean household.

I am TOTALLY hooked on Shaklee...I started using this in January and even have a link where I did my oven...smelled soo good!

So, here is the link when I cleaned my oven!

http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-poor-ovenoh-dear.html


I have been using Shaklee since January and this is all that I've used...and I fill these bottles up every other week!


In case you are worried about germs as I am than let me introduce you to Basic G


I use as 1/2 tsp in every 16 oz bottle of water. I use it for my bathrooms, and on my countertops when I am cooking with raw meat. I adore it. It doesn't have a toxic smell...its just a wonderful cleaner. The huge bottle cost a little over $20 but seriously I can't imagine how old I will be when I need to buy another.

The Basic H I use for all my cleaners...there isn't any others that I use. Cleans my windows, greasy stove, and kitchen table all with one cleaner and the savings is unbelievable!



In case you weren't sure the cleaning power is awesome! I used to be a huge clorox wipes fan...no more...these clean better than that ever could!


I also used to be a huge febreeze fan! NO more! I make my own...my favorite scent is lavendar!

Here is the link to my linen spray...which I got from farming on faith blog!

http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-linen-spray.html


A huge money saver also has been making my own fabric softner and laundry detergent which I also found on farming on faith...here is the link to that project

http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-laundry-soap-and-fabric-softner.html

Enjoy saving money and your house and family will thank you for it:) Here is the website I used to order my Shaklee. She has an awesome blog that I follow and has a TON of great ideas!



Here is another blog I follow and get great tips also!

Farming on Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment