About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today I turned...3_ I'm three years away from turning 40...but anyway...:)

Today was a wonderful day. Started with church and friends wishing me Happy Birthday, thanks to facebook. Presents and cards from friends...it was like being in school all over again! Normally on our birthdays its during the week...workload of being Mom continues but today it was my day ALL day.

Today I became aware of the sense of time...its going fast...I can't believe it. I have gone to five graduation parties this year and my dear little nephew that I helped take care of is graduating and I can't believe it.

We took a walk this evening and I took the following pic with my husbands phone, I had taken a picture similar two years previous...time...look at it fly!



It won't be long and she won't be able to be on Daddy's shoulders!

So, today I enjoyed lunch out, shopping with my hubby, chocolate pie, dinner made by someone other than myself, and a gorgeous walk outside with my kiddos, messages from stepdaughters telling me I'm the BEST stepMommy EVER! Who needs extravagant gifts that just fade...memories, taking time to be with those I love...this birthday..that's what I'm thankful for...who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment