About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Monday, May 23, 2011

His Mighty Hand of Protection

Yesterday was beautiful where I live. We were attending graduation parties, watching E and T play on swingsets and enjoy playing ball. We were taking a beautiful walk outside, enjoying all the beauty that creation gives us.

My mother called and told us that there was a tornado in Joplin and she was concerned for my husband's sister's family. We started trying to call them and couldn't reach them!

Finally, my sister n law called us that lives here in town and had heard from them. My niece who just had a baby a little over two weeks ago has a house that looks like this:


and they were in the basement...with their baby...


They are safe...and we are grateful for God's protection over them. I cannot quit crying today thinking of all the lives lost...all in a blink!

I for one am going downstairs through my basement to get any and all extra clothing that I can that is summer to send to all these dear families that have lost it all...because...all in a blink...we could be there to.

I'm grateful for your prayers for my family and that you continue to pray. Prayers continue for the people of Alabama.

Through all of this may we as Christians show His love through our helping hands and prayers. May His name be praised even so through tragedy. God is still on the throne and the stories that are coming out of His protection over those in the path are mind blowing.

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment