About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17th

Today.....it begins...grieving process all over again.

Today, a certain man would have turned 36 and for five days we would have been the same age with him teasing me as soon as I turned 37....those days...I remember them clearly.

Life is uncertain, people come and go...leave huge holes on your heart as they go...and we are forever changed.

Today, I celebrate what he left me with. He left me with a special gift...a son...and how I adore that son...many times I hear myself saying the following...T, be quiet, stop talking...finish the task you are doing....He has so many characteristics of his father...constantly talking, always making new friends, arguing that he's right...and a very tender heart...helping others...reaching out to those that are being made fun of...crying to me about those who have been mean to the others...quick temper (I think that's from me) and very smart.

So, today...I choose to remember...the good...not the grave...the sun...not the rain...and someday his son shall join him and forever in heaven we will all be joined with those that have gone before us. Thank you Lord for dying on the cross for my sins...for showing me GRACE when I don't deserve it...for raising from the grave and overcoming death...for allowing me to live with you forever in heaven when I die..to live with my Heavenly Father for eternity along with those who love and believe also...Thank you that this earth is not my home...that every tear will be wiped away...

May His name be praised!

2 comments:

  1. Jaimie, What a truly touching and wonderful post to your blog! As I read it, I remembered some of the people who have left my life and gone to heaven and how much I look forward to seeing them again one day. Life is so uncertain and, as we know, can be snuffed out in a blink with no warning. You have a wonderful outlook and I wish I had just half of your faith! By the way, you are absolutely right about your son....he is a wonderful young man and you should be so proud of him. Debbie Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I can relate so well...and I too, am daily choosing to remember the good. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete