About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Playdoh

I have posted this before but I thought a little review would be good! This weekend calls for rain, rain, rain and with turning 3_ I needed something fun (I mean, my kids needed something fun!) So, playdoh here we come!

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups water
2 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of cream of tarter

Put all ingredients in pan and stir over medium heat. It's done when it pulls away from the sides. If its too sticky keep stirring. This recipe is big enough for three big balls of different colors!


Then separate in three balls and add food coloring...I mean LOTS of food coloring!


BEWARE! Little four year olds like to switch the caps on top of the food coloring and sleepy Mom's aren't paying attention so you could end up with a color like so:

E said it was beautiful! I say...its greyish greenish blackish ewwish...Hey! I'm just keeping it real....the others turned out lovely!


E enjoys making "worms" as you can see!

oh don't forget to wear gloves so you won't look like me:


but if your like me...you'll forget...until your in the middle of it...oh well!

Have a great rainy weekend!

Sun is coming soon I just KNOW it!

No comments:

Post a Comment