About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grateful

Sometimes a change of pace is good...since I home school my children we are together non stop. Summer time is actually the time that we are apart more than any time of the year...seems weird I know but that's how it is.

Since I was gone last week and since I am terrified to fly and take public transportation...lets just say I major took some "baby steps". As I would ride down the HUGE outdoor escalator (imagining my death if I stumbled a little and fell) I felt a little like Bob in the movie "What About Bob"..."baby steps by the people with the scary pictures that they keep sticking in my face....baby steps by the showgirls....baby steps by the smoking in my face people" let me tell ya....it was SCARY! I was glad my husband was 6'3" I clung to him like I have never clung to him before! ANYWAY, that was a HUGE rabbit trail wasn't it?

Now that I'm home my children seem to appreciate me more...not that the people that took care of them did a bad job...just they didn't realize all the things I DO DO! Yes, that's what I meant to say!

As my home has now been reclaimed and its "almost" up to my cleaning standards and appointments have been made for hair, groomer for dog etc it gives me time to breathe a little and reflect on the things that matter most to me....

212. Princess swimming pools (even though Mommy blew up the one from last year for 45 min to discover said pool had a HOLE in it!)


213. My hydrangeas finally bloomed this year...now I can buy more!


214. Water gun fights


215. Home cooked meals
216. Clean wood floors
217. Driving down the road through my quiet town
218. Praise music sung with church family
219. Sitting with family enjoying summer breezes
220. Running to Target with no makeup and not really caring if anyone saw me:)
221. So thankful to be a child of God.
222.

I appreciate a husband with a good sense of humor....perhaps next time I should pack for him since we had to buy new dress shoes in Vegas because he forgot his:)

Remember that a little humor....can go a long way!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Joining you from Multitudes on Mondays. I'm greatful for number 220 quite often myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete