About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Las Vegas

I survived! I went where I had never gone before and I'm better for it. I became a pro at riding in taxis, ordering room service:) and enjoying a lovely larger than life city....

There is great beauty in Las Vegas and amazing things to see! We stayed in the lovely Paris hotel courtesy of one of our lagest suppliers and it was amazing inside. When we first walked in we just kept looking up and staring!


We went and listened and watched in amazement the fountains that danced in time with the music that played!


We looked in amazement throughout Ceasars Palace!


I hope your not bored with these pictures...they were amazing in real life. I hope to get a new camera soon:)

Hope your still not bored!


We met a new designer and his wife....we will be having this line in our store late summer....we are quite excited and think you will be to!

We also met Natalie K herself...very exciting and yes we look like dorks standing by her but still....this is our largest supplier and she was a very good sport!


There were other neat things we got to see. We went to an Elvis Cirque De Solei show which was very good (except for one scene) and saw some other interesting things.

The hardest part of Las Vegas is a part I can't show you. The first night we were there I had a hard time sleeping....my heart was completely broken. There were two street preachers preaching even among the nudity that surrounded them even with two show girls beside them and people openly laughing at what they were saying. I wish I could have taken a picture of them but I would not be able post the image that my husband and I have in our heads. I felt like I was seeing what Noah must have encountered....to these women I wanted to run up to them and hug them and say...."you are worth more than this!" It still haunts me...those images...

This is not a place we plan to ever take our children...it wasn't a place we were comfortable at all...but unfortunately its where the biggest show in our industry is every year.

All in all a good experience...if nothing else but to show us what we have to be grateful for.

We are grateful to be home...and enjoyed our church this morning greatly. It was lovely to see our friends again!

2 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures. I am glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You survived! : ) Well done! How appropriate that your hotel was Paris in June just as Ann traveled to Paris in June in One Thousand Gifts!!! So glad to know you are home safe and sound in our Joe Town!

    ReplyDelete