About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Our Blessings

May 22nd...my birthday....but this year...we celebrate God's hand of protection around my family.

Unless you live under a rock you have heard about the Joplin tornado...even when we were in Vegas...people asked us about the Joplin tornado.

My husband's family was directly affected by this and this is their story...their miracle. Tonight there were tears of joy and gratefulness to our Heavenly Father who made it clear His hedge of protection around them.

The top floor of my niece's house fell to the following story and the garage that they were in collapsed on top of them. My niece broke her arm and her leg and had several cuts. Her boyfriend's back looked like hamburger meat according to my sister n law. He and my niece put the baby between them and he laid on his son to protect him as they watched their garage door, dog, sofa being sucked out...my niece said her flip flops were sucked off her feet!

The story continues into miraculous as my sister n law and brother n law decided to leave at the the exact right time from their home. My brother n law not wanting to get hail on his car...they didn't realize it at the time but they were at the front end of the tornado...they never saw it because of the rain. My sister n law said that she thought that the thunder was amazingly constant...she now realizes that it was the tornado...

We are grateful...we thank God for His protection...and we will say a prayer of thanksgiving. We have known grief...we know what it is to lose ones we love. We have learned to take the bad and the good....and with that lesson being learned...we are even more grateful.

Here are a few photos from the evening of our littlest survivor:


Here are the parents....a little beat up but smiling:)


Here he is with his great aunt Tasha



and here he is with Uncle Todd...we just normally like to take pictures with Uncle Todd and the babies because of the sheer size of his hands...seriously...it's so funny how small the babies always look in those huge hands!



AS for me I kissed his head a million times....oh my goodness...I love the smell of new babies!

We appreciate your continued prayers for this family as they continue to rebuild. We will be going down there for July 4th...

No comments:

Post a Comment