About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Take More Pictures

It is that time of evening that I love. Dinner is done, winding down from the day has begun. Cleaning of the kitchen is done...laughter and playing outside my kitchen window...then proceeded by screaming while big brother is once again tormenting little sister. I take a snapshot in my mind of these days...they are quickly fleeting.

Soon we are to go on a whirlwind of a vacation. We are a blended family and sometimes you just have to take those vacations when you can if not they will be gone...so vacations get thrown together...but we have decided to continue to visit our favorite places and fine tune them.

This year...I promise to take more pics...with me being in them. Every mother that I talk to says that they feel weird asking if they can be in the picture to...I've decided if I don't start including myself in them...I won't ever be photographed. It's not that I'm so amazingly beautiful that everyone must see my amazing beauty to go on living...its that my children might someday when I'm gone...like to look at those pictures WITH me beside them instead of behind the lens.

So, yes...capture all you can of their childhood...but let yourself be included in these photos...it will mean the world to them if you do....

This is one of our favorites from last years vacation: last year's vacation:

No comments:

Post a Comment