About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Review on Laundry Soap and Other Homemade Cleaners

So, since January I've been using Shaklee products for cleaning and I will NEVER go back. The money that I have saved is amazing and the cleaning power can NOT even begin to compare. I feel like such a fool for such money wasted. I still have not even used HALF of the Basic H2 cleaner I've only used a 1/4 of it at this time. It is really THAT awesome! Here is a link to that post

http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-product-that-im-smiling-about.html

I just made my second batch of laundry soap Saturday night. I still have a little left but knew this week would be busy and it really doesn't take that long to make it. Three gallons lasted around five months...that makes me quite happy....and the only supplies that I have to refill would be the Tide...which also makes me happy. The link to that post is here....http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-laundry-soap-and-fabric-softner.html

I however, am NOT a fan of the fabric softner but found a new recipe online and from my friend and I do ADORE it. I was also able to buy two gallons of vinegar from Sam's for $3.48! YIPPPPPPEEEEE!

1. 6 cups of warm tap water then add one cup of baking soda. STir well
2. Add 4 cups of vinegar...VERY SLOWLY!
Then add essential oil...just a few drops!

I'm still a huge fan of homemade febreeze and here is the link for that post. I did find a new scent that I adore called sweet pea from Hobby Lobby no less and it smells sooooooo good! http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-linen-spray.html

I'm also a huge fan now of homemade hand soap....really loving that! Here is the link for that post! http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/07/handsoap.html


Enjoy! I know I certainly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment