About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Unplugged

Tonight I speak on the book one thousand gifts....I'm a bit nervous...hoping and praying that the words I say will show the women how wonderful this book is and how much closer you can draw to the Almighty. Praying that I say what He wants me to say and NOT saying things that bring glory to self.

This week, this past month have been very difficult...I've spent a lot of time on my knees, in prayer....knowing that these situations are beyond my control. It's been good....it's always good to release yourself from a situation, to let go, to give it to God and watch how He works.

It's almost been a week since I've been on facebook and I can't say that its been so very difficult...first few days...way tempting...but now....I don't miss it as much. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying there is anything wrong with facebook....it just for me is to big of a timewaster....I get to caught up in it. It has made me lazy...instead of sending a card to someone I would just write on their wall...which I'm sure they liked...but I sure do enjoy reading cards. It's freed up more time to accomplish more and the biggest thing is I no longer worry about who said what about my pics I posted or what I just put as my status...I no longer need approval because I no longer am participating...does that make sense? Does that make me a horrible person that I'm that petty that I get hurt when people say nothing about what I write or pics of our vacation? It probably does mean I have issues...which is fine to admit....and which is why I have now officially taken myself off of facebook. After the month is over I'm not sure what I will do to not fall in the trap...perhaps check it once a month, once a week? I don't know...I'm the kind of person that has to have routine and without it...I fall off the "wagon" so to speak. Is it sad that I have to refer to facebook as "falling off the wagon?"

Today finds me at home with my E again...it seems the coughing has returned...but luckily no breathing issues...for right now I'm enjoying the cloudy day and temp is 81 and no sun and it just rained....I'm sure my flowers and yard are grateful and maybe the pool is a cooler temp?

Enjoy your last week of July.....not much more time to get all organizing things ready before our school year starts! E and I are so excited but my T....not so much! See, whether they go to an actual building or stay at home...the feeling of school is still the same....they don't want to let go of summer yet!

Have a blessed day!

My gorgeous flowers finally bloomed...but due to the excessive heat...ya know 101 with heat index of 113...they wilted pretty much as soon as they bloomed....but I did enjoy smelling them and seeing them....for two days:)


No comments:

Post a Comment