About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dry Detergent

So, I have made the liquid detergent and I sometimes like to switch it up...so I know a couple of people that use it so I decided to give it a try!

Ingredients

1 bar of Fels Naptha
1 Bar of Dove Soap
1/2 cup Oxy Clean
1 cup Tide
2 cups Borax
2 cups washing soda

Grate 2 bars of soap up and put in food processor with oxy clean and Tide.

Mix up well and put in container!

Use 1-2 tablespoons

*Note---I do not have a food processor so I used my blender...sadly...the blender lost its life in the process....so I used another machine...which ended badly but did NOT have a fatality....I suggest having a mega strong blender or using a food processor like the directions say....all in all....it was accomplished but I don't think mine is as fine as it should be:(

I do however, LOVE the smell and it washes my clothes QUITE nicely!

Have a GREAT day!


3 comments:

  1. This is what I use and I like it alot better than the liquid just because it can be stored in something smaller. I've been using it for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I reach for it more than the liquid now....I feel kind of guilty saying that....I don't know why I love it more...but right now I do!

    ReplyDelete