About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, August 19, 2011

It will Be ALRIGHT!

I had this big long post...but POOF as soon as I was done with it...POOF! Which is funny since the title of my post is it will be alright...get it? Yeah! I was pretty annoyed myself! Don't you hate it when things get you like that?

So, this week has been a bit annoying! My hubby has been hacking for about a week....I miss my bed...all comfy and quiet. I've been hanging out in the spare bed in my son's room...listening to the guinea pigs squeak and chase each other...listening to my son snoring...oh and E keeps falling out of bed lately. Lost power last night and had hail and all sorts of interesting sounds....dog was freaking out along with T but my E she slept all the way through the night...until....the fall out of bed of course! However, around 2am power was restored....not so for everyone living in my town...so I say that softly....praying that others will be up and running soon.

My heart has been heavy this week...lots of drama going on that you will not find as nearly as interesting....Satan has been busy.

The news, the headlines....depressing....makes me want to run away....read tonight about a mother with seven children...passing away from her beloved children and husband and I think...how are her babies sleeping tonight knowing their mother is in heaven? How is her husband sleeping tonight with all the burden he now has of caring for his children alone and filling the huge gap left by his precious wife? I see all the suffering in our community and our home and I think....God, where are you in all this chaos? Where are you in all this hurt? I have never felt His arms the way I did when I dealt with the grief of losing my first husband....I have never felt Him closer to me than this week when I thought that all was lost...that it was over....that there was no hope...He is and will ALWAYS be ENOUGH and it will be ALRIGHT!

My life verse:

Psalm 46:1 God is my refuge and strength a very present help in times of trouble.

There is more....and I love it!

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdom fall, he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The Lord Almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress. Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire. He says, 'Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment