About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Run The Race

Endurance---its a word I don't like....For those of you who things come easy to you might not really understand this word....for the rest of us...you get it. In highschool and college I worked hard for every little bitty thing I got. I wasn't prettiest, smartest or anything est....I was just ME! I did work hard...with everything I did and I finished and finished to the best of my ability.

As far as physically challenged I was not necessarily a "sports girl" I was a cheerleader and probably according to the standards set today not a very good one. Nevertheless I could do the splits, a couple of jumps and some pyramids without looking to foolish and despite a few lapses of memory did o.k. on floor cheers. My point being....I was sore....but still nothing truly taxing....

So, here are some photos of my good ol college days...YEP! They are scary!



Can you pick me out? I'm the one on the far left in each picture...yeah...those are really GREAT skirts eh?

AHHH! College days...where my physical training consisted of running running running around the dorms at night because I LOVED to run and see how many times I could pass the girls just out there walking and talking! Eating whatever I wanted! It was lovely!

Now, I'm training for a 5K and my body is giving me fits! My knees kill me...I have ice packs, ibuprofen, pain like I have never felt...taking glucosamine and doing stretches that I never had to do before...I mean...seriously training! After I'm done for the day...I feel so amazing...like I can conquer anything...even though in the midst of it I really think I'm going to die...praying to God to help me not die of a heart attack in front of my children or pass out on the track...always making it through...stronger after enduring it.

Right now I'm having a personal struggle....I am wondering if I'm going to make it...I'm praying to finish the race strong....but I'm wondering if I can finish....I'm praying Satan will not win!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

Right now....my personal life is completely parallel with my physical training...and I'm aware to those fitness gurus that my little 5K is nothing....but to ME it is a very BIG deal!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment