About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

School Lunches

Yes, I am aware that that title may be confusing to some...after all...why in the world does a home school Mom need to worry about lunches?

This is our third year of homeschooling and as we go I find that I am having to readjust what we do. Homeschooling is about constantly adjusting and knowing what's right for your family. Last year I noticed that it was SOOO difficult to "maintain" that steam after lunch. Most homeschool kids are done for the day by 1:30....not ALL days go like that but for the days that the sun rises and sets the way it should...that's what happens.

However, my E would whine right in the middle of my FAVORITE subject (not kidding...grammar is my fav...followed by a close second to creative writing) my son however does not share this joy (yet) but it would never fail that my E would demand LUNCH right as I was BREAKING through! So....may I present....


Do you hear the angels singing??? Well, for me....I started simple...just simple sandwiches this week...with fruit and veggie...I have chips in sep baggies and their homemade dessert at the ready.

It took me 20 minutes to assemble lunches for our four day school week. When E whines and I'm in the middle of something with Trey. She can have her lunch...while I continue on with Trey. It is also fabulous for when I take T on Tuesdays to our home school coop where he takes four classes. My mother watches E and she can just reach in and grab and not worry about E's corn allergy! Its a serious WIN WIN!

So, this week is our trial run...T is anxious to start math and I'm incorporating a new Bible curriculum for both kids...and then the day after Labor Day its ON!

So, here's a look at what I did...so simple....so hoping it works????






I also got little plastic disposable cups with lids from amazon to store dressing and caramel etc in...this way I also know how much they are using...lots less waste!




So...we will see how it goes! Have a great WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment