About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Apple Butter

WE are having AMAZING weather right now.  We had such a very hot summer, and then a severe cold snap and now....I can't even tell you how much everyone is LOVING this weather....and my dear E seems to be doin awesome with no asthma difficulties like we have had for the past 2 years!



We went to the orchard on Friday and yesterday I made my super easy Apple Butter. I got this recipe from my mother and I ADORE it.  It was the first "canning" project I have ever done.

Recipe:
12 cups of apples sliced and peeled...put in crockpot for 5 1/2 hrs.

Then add the followng:
3-4 cups of sugar--I personally add 3 1/2

1 1/2 tsp of ground cloves

3 tsp of cinnamon

Stir and cook in the crockpot for another 1 1/2 hrs.  Then ladle into jars and let sit until you hear the wonderful "pop" which means your apple butter is sealed!

Your house smells WONDERFUL and you now have yummy goodness to be enjoyed all winter long!


No comments:

Post a Comment