About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 19, 2011

FAith of a Mustard Seed

Matthew 17:20

"Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."



How big is YOUR mountain?? Mine right now seems "jinormous".  I keep telling myself it will get better when this happens....but it doesn't.  I keep thinking as time passes the problem will just "leave", but it doesn't. 

I looked at this verse on a blog actually...and it made me look up and read the WHOLE verse and ponder it.  I'm in waiting for the miracle to happen but waiting not believing...waiting not thinking it will come true...waiting almost "daring" the miracle to happen because maybe I don't want it to...I just enjoy thinking that bad things only happen to me.  Perhaps I've been my biggest enemy all this time.  Thinking that joy is for others, that friends are for others....isn't that what Satan wants from all of us though? Doesn't he enjoy taking us and separating us from one another and whispering into our ears all our faults and biggest fears.  Then he enjoys telling us that if God really loved us He wouldn't let us suffer like this!

Life isn't easy...it calls for hard work, it calls for stretching ourselves and making ourselves do "uncomfortable" things.  I'm not telling you I don't have days that I cry and wonder what is going on....but there is always a new morning....a new day with a bit of sun in it....a new bit of joy to be had...if I have FAITH....I can move mountains.

Tomorrow morning as I take my run...I will continue the race....and press on....



May His name be praised!


No comments:

Post a Comment