About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Pain

"Does the pain ever go away?" I was asked the other day by a dear friend of mine. I sat there just blinking for what seemed like eternity...before answering...."it never goes away...but it gets better...you will laugh again...you will find you are stronger than you think you are."

What do you see when you look at me? Do you see a woman with her head held high...with a funny comment, with a clownish grin, with an overwhelmed look on her face when her children misbehave....what do you see?

I am a horrible judge of character. I think I know exactly how someone is...and then realize that I was exactly, horribly WRONG!

Next time you think you KNOW someone....talk to them...find out...who they really are!

I don't like to talk about the past...except when people ask...and even then...I'm haunted after speaking of it....I can honestly say that God has blessed me in the fact that most "things" have been put out of my mind until I have to recall them.

My husband has been gone from this world for nine years...before he left my son and myself for paradise in heaven...he left lots of questions....he left myself and our infant son for two years before he passed....he bought into the lies of Satan...and couldn't find his way back. He was full of promise, good looks, intelligence,planning to be a youth pastor, kind smile, great sense of humor...and amazing hair:)...I was crazy about his hair, his hands...everything about him....he was my everything. I sometimes think that those days didn't exist...that I didn't marry him...that it was all a dream...but then I see the son I bore...the child that looks more like the man that I once knew each and every day...and I realize that it was.....true.

How strong are you when life falls apart? How quick do you fall when others point at you and assume the worst? Do you let the bitterness of the lies from others affect you? How quick do you curse God for the hurts, the lies, the pain that we feel in this life? If you can hold on....if you can be strong...you will find...that you are stronger...than you think you are....as long as you hold on to the "rock" that will NEVER fail...will never let you go!

Psalm 30:5 Weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning.

Psalm 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

My life now...is different from those days...I'm remarried...mother of two..home school family (for my two)...but we still have problems. We are a blended family struggling to find the balance...causes problems in our marriage that those on the outside cannot understand. God is faithful...He WILL continue to be our rock...if we let Him. If we do not let the lies of Satan blind us to the TRUTH!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment