About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Homemade Christmas Baskets

I have been busy this week as most everyone has been.  We have been blessed with gorgeous weather....we are awaiting the bottom to fall out shortly.For now my house is in the transition of Christmas bliss and box chaos which results in too many decorations I'm sure.  However, I truly can't imagine it any other way.

I'm recovering from a knee injury so I have to go slow but thankful that I can say goodbye to the crutches and hope to never have to use them again.  My mind tonight is going in a million different directions.  After this Sunday I hope to have the house all decorated and then can start my projects....plus homeschool and catch up on house cleaning....some days I try to do to much I'm sure.

This next week I will be attempting to make homemade soap.  I have put this project off long enough...the whole lye part is scaring me quite frankly but I'm going to try making it in my old crockpot....hopefully that will turn out well...little nervous....will have a full tutorial on that this week.

I will be making Christmas baskets with the following projects all made by my dear little hands.
1.  Knitted scarf


 2.  Homemade body or foot scrubs
3.  Homemade laundry detergent
4.  Homemade candles

The Laundry detergent I have done and I LOVE....the foot scrubs will be easy but the soap and the candles???? I'm a little nervous about those....will have those tutorials up as they are completed!

Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment